Saturday, March 24, 2007

Of houses and graffiti


I got word today that everything was pretty much set to close on the house this coming week. Maybe I'm putting the jinx on things by saying this, but it feels good to be getting this close to the finish line.

Went on another graffiti trek this morning in downtown proper this time. I really do love some of this stuff. Some of the pieces near market square just stand out as not your typical graffiti. Here's a sample and you can find more on the flickr page. I have to find a way to incorporate graffiti into the new house.

I find it sad that most people think of graffiti, or should it be graffiti style art to be vandalism and undesirable. In other cities it's put on display, Los Angeles has graffiti murals on the walls of the highway as you pass through downtown, and it's gorgeous. To be certain there is some that is simple a fool writing his or her name, or an obscene comment, but as in these pictures there is art to be seen as well.

Just my opinion and that's what my blog is all about, me.

No comments: