Monday, April 16, 2007

Long time comin'

Ah, cutesy titles, where would I be without them I wonder? I feel like every time I start one of these I need a snappy, catchy, oh so hip thing to say. I'm a sad victim of news headlines and my own ego. I'd love to go a rampage about "hipper-than-thou" people who blog, and otherwise "write" in cyberspace, but I'm as guilty of possessing no skills to speak of in this area as the next Internet hack. I guess that could be the hook if you will, that we're more genuine than a trained or skilled individual. I would have to say that I just don't feel as bad when I see other people making the same mistakes I make.

My birthday came on the 7th and I completed another trip around the sun (thanks for the phrase Big Al). It's been a good one all told, and the impromptu party that friends had for me that night seemed to highlight the good parts of the last year. It made me think a lot about friends that I haven't seen in a while and a couple who aren't with us any more. I wish I could say that I made some changes in the face of this, but I make any resolutions ( again thanks Al), things are on a good track and get better little by little all the time. I think I'll ride this out for a while longer and see where it takes me.

Where I am is not moved into the new house yet. Every time something comes up. I think I'll be there by the end of the week though.

No comments: