Friday, January 12, 2007

It had to start somewhere...


Everybody else is doing it, so I thought I'd jump off the bridge as well. I will do my best to keep this filled with interesting subject material and as few misspellings as possible. I guess I should put something in this that says a little bit about who I am in life outside the internet. In my day job I do sound design and mixing for television, and in my spare time I'm all over the place. I've done live sound for bands, worked in the theater, helped in the making of indepenant and student films, done lots of field recording for a sound effects library I'm trying to build, and wasted a lot of time.

This coming week I'll be in L.A. for a tradeshow for the music and audio business called NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants). That being said, there will be dealers from around the world, as well as celebs at the show. I'm going to be assissting a company called Sound Toys (http://www.soundtoys.com) who make plugins for Pro Tools. Pro Tools is an audio application used to record and mix audio. Most likely your favorite album, tv show and movie of this last year all went thru Pro Tools at some point. Plugins are the effects for audio, and that song, TV show or movie might have even had Sound Toys used on it.

The packing has begun and I fly on Tuesday for L.A. so more to come once I hit Hollywood.

No comments: