Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fireflies


Saturday evening (after Big C's 8th birthday party!) I went with friends to Elkmont in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park to watch the synchronous fireflies, a phenom I am to understand only happens in a couple of places in the world. They blink together in groups, not all in sync but large groups in sync, it looks like living Christmas tree lights. Got some interesting photos off the Little River while waiting for the sun to go down. I thought I might get some shots of the fireflies but it just didn't pan out. All in all wonderful and magical, the only thing I didn't like was standing in line for the trolley back, and even that wasn't a real chore. We stopped in Gatlinburg on the way back and took a couple of pictures around Gatlinburg, my favorite is the one with this post.

1 comment:

BobnMissy said...

Man am I sorry I missed that! We're going one night this week. Of course, I'm sorry I missed Big C's B-day too! Hope we see you on July 5th!